Call us on: 023 80226000
Assistant Kitchen Designer
With big plans for this year and beyond it’s time to find an aspiring Sales Designer to join the team. Working closely with the small team of designers and fitters, this is an ideal role for somebody who is in the early stages of a career in design and keen to develop their understanding of the practicalities and commercial realities of producing and selling a design and turning it into a completed project.
Advocating our ethos of providing informed and balanced advice, delivering truly bespoke designs and striving to maintain the excellent quality of service we are renowned for, some of the things you’ll be doing in this role are:
- Using your design flair, you will convert survey plans and rough drawings into CAD images and compile a corresponding project quotation.
- Prepare customer presentation packs and sample flat lays ready for the Sales Designer’s customer presentation and be on hand during the presentation to assist where necessary.
- Confidently handle telephone & email enquiries and engage with potential customers in the showroom with the purpose of booking design consultations or home surveys.
- Ensure sample libraries and brochure stocks are up to date and showroom displays are tidy.
- Take ownership for keeping the design office paperwork organised and filed as necessary.
- Liaise with suppliers to place & progress orders.
- Create and communicate fitting schedules with customers and tradesmen.
- Take ownership of any queries or issues from customers and suppliers as they arise and liaise with the team to ensure swift resolution.
- Keep track of deliveries and ensure items are logged to appropriate jobs.
Getting involved with the myriad of other activities that we do in our small business. Depending on your skills and interests this could include creating social media posts, photographing finished installations, organising and partaking in cookery / appliance demonstration days etc…
The ideal person…
A passionate designer, pro-active, organised and commercially astute ideally with a basic knowledge of CAD and an inherent drive for top quality customer service. Previous experience in a design or sales support role would of course be an advantage but most of all, you are comfortable communicating with clients within the luxury end of the market, are keen to learn more about our products and services and are a flexible team player willing to work as an integral part of the team effort.
We welcome applications from design graduates early in their KBB sales design career who are eager to learn and develop on the job.
Hours of work will be 9am to 5pm 5 days per week including Saturday on a rota basis (a day in lieu will be given for Saturday working). This is a salaried position negotiable based upon previous skills and experience.
This role is showroom based and therefore generally not suitable for remote working. The candidate must be able to communicate fluently and in spoken and written English and have full rights to work and live in the UK.
We really are a friendly team and genuinely welcome potential candidates contacting us to ask any questions and generally find out more: 02380 226000
We welcome applications either directly or via our Indeed page linked below.