Call us on: 023 80226000
Job Vacancy – Design Office Administrator
(Part-time or job share considered – will include Saturday working)
We improved more homes in the last year than we ever have before and with big plans for the years ahead it’s time to find a great person to undertake our brand new position of Design Office Administrator. Working closely with the small team of designers and fitters we are looking for somebody who can support the team in advocating our ethos of providing the excellent quality of service we are renowned for.
Ideal for somebody who has an interest in interiors from the design and/or fitting perspective & keen to learn more about the products and procedures involved in the world of kitchen design and installation the day to day job will include:
- Handling telephone & email enquiries and engaging with potential customers in the showroom.
- Ensuring sample libraries and brochure stocks are up to date and showroom displays are tidy.
- Taking ownership for keeping the design office paperwork organised and filed as necessary.
Supporting the team in the processing and managing of projects:
- Liaising with suppliers to place & progress orders; handling order confirmations, amendments, returns and managing expected delivery and installation dates.
- Creating and communicating fitting schedules and job sheets with customers and tradesmen.
- Co-ordinating the completion of remedials and small order works.
- Taking ownership of any queries or issues from customers, fitting teams and suppliers as they arise and liaising with the team to ensure swift resolution.
- Keeping track of deliveries & ensuring items are logged to appropriate jobs.
Getting involved with the myriad of other activities that we do in our small business. Depending on your skills and interests this could include such activities as creating social media posts, photographing finished installations, organising and partaking in cookery demonstration days…
You will be working alongside the design team and, for the right person who is keen to progress, there could be longer-term opportunities to get more involved with the design side of the business.
The ideal person…
- A pro-active, organised, efficient and accurate administrator keen to take on a variety of tasks, covering multiple projects as necessary to support the team.
- Previous experience in an administration or customer service role is advantageous.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm & professionalism when interacting with our customers & suppliers.
- Communicate confidently clearly and effectively whether in person, over the phone or by email.
- Have an excellent attitude to providing high levels of customer service, resolving issues promptly and exceeding customer expectations.
- An excellent team player! Flexible, adaptable and willing to take on elements beyond the bounds of the job title in support of the team effort.
- Competent using MS Office and comfortable learning new packages (ie our specialist pricing / customer database).
- Keen to learn and develop whether that is in administration and customer service, product knowledge, project management or design.
Hours of work will be 9am to 5pm 5 days per week including Saturday on a rota basis (a day in lieu will be given for Saturday working). Part-time working and job share would be considered which would include Saturdays on a rota basis.
This role is showroom based and therefore generally not suitable for remote working. The candidate must be able to communicate fluently in spoken and written English and have full rights to work and live in the UK.
To find out more or ask any questions about the vacancy call: 02380 226000.